Prepositions of time At, In or On
حروف الجر الخاصة بالوقت
look at the table below for a quick reference of the rules
جدول توضيحي يلخص استخدام حروف الجر الخاصة بالوقت
وقت محدد / ميعاد وجبة
a specific time
a meal time
سنة او موسم او شهر او جزء من النهار
a part of the day
بوم او تاريخ معين او جزء منه
a specific day or date
a day + (morning, night, etc.)
1. We use the preposition at when we want to refer to a specific time, meaning a specific hour.
عند الاشارة الي وقت محدد
- Henry's test ends at 3 o'clock! He is afraid he won't finish!
2. We can also use the preposition at when we are referring to a meal time.
- Your plane leaves at 4:55pm. We should go to the airport now.
- I ate my breakfast very early this morning. Could we have lunch at 12:30?
- She had a doctor's appointment yesterday at 7 o'clock.
عند الاشارة الي ميعاد وجبة
- At lunch, I like to have a big glass of water.
- We always listen to the radio at breakfast-time so that we can hear the morning news.
- Her family never turns on the TV at dinner.
ملحوظة: عندما نريد ذكر ترتيب مكون او ترتيب لوجبة نستخدم For
3. Finally, we can use at for some fixed expressions. Look at the sentences below.
- I'd like to have cheese for breakfast.
مع مصطلحات تفيد توقيت محدد
- At that time, Maggie didn't know that he was a secret agent!
- She was about to make a cup of tea, but right at that moment, the phone rang.
1. We use the preposition in when we are referring to a year, month, or season.
عند الاشارة الي سنة او شهر او فصل من فصول السنة
- We love to go to the beach in the summer to build sand castles and swim in the sea.
- We moved into this housein 2003. We love this place!
- Classes will begin in September. Be sure to sign up for all your courses before then.
- Back in the 1800s, women didn't have the same rights that they do today.
- In the winter of 1937, my grandfather was born.
2. We also use the preposition in when we want to talk about a part of the day.
عندما نتحدث عن جزء من اليوم
- Greg is never hungry in the morning. His first meal is lunch!
- My uncle likes to take a nap in the afternoon.
- Do your parents watch the news on television in the evening?
ملحوظة: عند التحدث عن وقت الليل تستخدم At
- Roosters never crow at night. They only start crowing in the morning.
1. We use the preposition on when we are talking about a specific day or date.
عندما نتحدث عن يوم او تاريخ معين
- On Christmas Day, some families give each other gifts under the Christmas tree. Other families have their celebrations on different special days.
2. We also use the preposition on when we are talking about a day + (morning, night, etc.).
- We have a very important meeting on Wednesday. Please don't be late!
- She'll be arriving on the 5th of August. Will the apartment be ready by then?
- I'm starting my new job on Monday, July 12th. I'm a bit nervous!
عندما نتحدث عن جزء من يوم معين On Sunday evening /On Friday morning/On Saturday night
- There was a big parade on Saturday afternoon. Didn't you hear the music?
- She has a lot of trouble getting out of bed on Monday mornings!
- I like to go to the park on the weekends.
on the weekend
at the weekend
وأخيرا ملخص الحروف في صورة
ربما يعجبك هذا أيضا