تحميل امتحان اللغة الانجليزية ثانوية عامة 2018 دور اول مع الاجابة
لتحميل ملف الاسئلة بالاجابة اضغط هنا
امتحان الثانوية العامة 2018
Choose the correct answer from a, b, c or d:
- As we are living in the age of technology, man’s……..of many planets is remarkable.
- invention indication c. invasion d. inspiration
- Waves crashed and pounded at the……..of the cliff.
- basis pace c. base d. peace
- I worked hard all day round, but I had failed to ……..my goal.
- find follow c. score d. achieve
- Mostafa,………..books are distinguished, teaches at Zagazig university.
- whom who c. whose d. that
- Companies need highly qualified staff, so they…….them with many training courses.
- pay provide c. afford d. offer
- The naught boy promised the school principle……..well in class.
- behaving to behave c. behave d. to be behaved
- To be a successful computer programmer, you should have certain……… .
- stitch skull c. sketch d. skill
- When I was in Sharm El-Sheik, I………a lot.
- have sunbathed was sunbathing c. would sunbathe d. sunbathed
- It was hard for me to ………my old friend who had been abroad a long time ago.
- recognise know c. realise d. visualise
- …………. Lava is formed when rocks exposed to high temperature.
- Molten Moist c. Melting d. Preserved
- Mother……..… the house work between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. tomorrow.
- is doing will have done c. will be doing d. will be
- …….reaching the airport, Ali found out that he had left his suitcases at home.
- On While c. When d. Despite
- He wanted to know where ……….his laptop.
- did he put he had put c. he puts d. had he put
- Ten pounds ……….not enough to buy a pair of shoes.
- are is c. has d. were
- ……….he a proper plan, he wouldn’t waste his time.
- Had Were c. If d. Unless
- The government does its best to reform the educational ……… .
- procession succession c. presentation d. system
Find the mistake in SIX ONLY of the following, then correct them
- A fire is thought to break out a cigarette end yesterday. (have broken)
- Charitable organizations argue with handicapped rights. ( for)
- By the time Mohammed was 22, he is joining the military service. (had joined)
- Rubber is useful as it is used to remove paint. (turpentine)
- Women content fewer crimes than men. (commit)
- I have been reading three books this week. (have read)
- Don’t ask about my salary because this is a personnel (personal)
- She felt a strange texture of excitement and (mixture)
Respond to each of the following situations:
- Your friend suggests going to the beach, but you would like to go to the cinema.
I don’t like that idea. I’d prefer to go to the cinema.
- Your brother is climbing a ladder to get something from the top shelf. Warn him.
Be careful or you’ll fall off the ladder.
- Someone says that the internet is a bad thing. Disapprove.
I don’t agree with you.
- You don’t know the meaning of the word “phenomenon” Ask your teacher.
What does the word “phenomenon” mean?
- A) Answer the following questions:
- Why was Rassendyll worried the moment he saw Antionette de Mauban in Strelsau?
Because she might recognize him and tell people that he wasn’t the real king.
- How did the doctor save the King’s life before being killed?
He prevented Detchard from killing the kink until Rassendyll entered the room and saved the king
- What mistake did Rassendyll make in Flavia’s palace? How did he justify it?
He didn’t let Michael in saying that he forgot the rules.
- Money wasn’t the only motive that made Johann cooperate with Rassendyll. Illustrate.
He realized that he would be in trouble if Michael’s plans succeeded as he knew much about them. He hated Michael.
- Read the following quotation and answer the questions:
” So no one can do anything! It’s a stalemate!”
- Who was the speaker? To whom?
Fritz to Rassendyll and Sapt
- Why was it a real stalemate?
Because the two teams (Rassendyll’s and Michael’s) couldn’t say anything in public without admitting their deeds.
- Where were they?
In the King’s palace in Strelsau
- Find the mistakes in two only of the following sentences,.
- a) If Rassendyll was killed in the old part of the town, Sapt’s position would be remarkable.
- b) Flavia received two letters, one from Rose and the other from Michael. (Antoinette)
- c) The modern country house belonged to a neighbour of Fritz. (relative)
- Mention the place, the speakers and the language function
- A: I can’t breathe well.
B: I’ll examine you and see.
Place :Clinic Speaker A:Patient Speaker B:Doctor Function A:Giving information
- A: Welcome sir! Can I see your boarding card, please?
A: Your seat is 30c on the right.
Place :Plane Speaker A:Flight attendant Speaker B:Traveller Function B: Agreeing
Read the following passage, then answer the questions:
Garbage does not disappear when you toss it in a can. The average American throws away an estimated 1600 pounds of waste each year. Where does all that trash go? There are four methods to managing waste: recycling, landfilling, composting and incinerating. Recycling is turning waste into new materials. It can reduce pollution and energy consumption. Yet, some argue that it uses more energy than it saves. Landfilling is burying garbage in a hole. Garbage is compacted before it is thrown in the hole. So, more garbage can fit in each landfill, but it may pollute the water supply. Composting is when people pile up organic matter, producing compost which can be added to the soil. Yet, it is hard if inorganic materials are mixed up with organic materials. Incinerating is burning the garbage. The heat produced can be used to generate power, but it pollutes the air. To conclude, the community where you live manages waste. The choice is yours.
- Answer the following questions
- In what way is incinerating useful?
The heat produced can be used to generate power.
- Why do you think that garbage must be compressed?
So that more garbage can fit in the landfill.
- How much garbage does the American throw away each year?
1600 pounds of waste each year
Choose the correct answer:
- The word “compost” in the passage means ………. .
- dust b. organic fertilizer c. mud d. pesticide
- Two of the methods that can pollute the environment are ………. .
- recycling and incinerating b. landfilling and composting
- landfilling and incinerating d. recycling and composting
Read the following passage, then answer the questions:
Philbrook and Michele Gran were married in 1979. Instead of taking a honeymoon cruise to the Caribbean, they decided to spend a week in a rural village in Guatemala, where they helped raise money for irrigation project. When they returned to their home, the local newspaper wrote a story about their unusual honeymoon. Soon, people started contacting them, asking how they could plan a similar trip, Philbrook said, “We knew there was a need in rural communities around the world, and now we were learning people wanted to do this.”
In 1984, the couple founded Global Volunteers, a nonprofit agency for people of all ages, who want to spend their vacations helping others. Now, this organization sends about 2000 volunteers each year to community development programs in twenty countries. These projects are focused on helping children and their families. Volunteers work side by side with local people.
Answer the following questions:
- In what way was Philbrook and Gran’s honeymoon unusual?
Instead of taking a honeymoon cruise to the Caribbean, they decided to spend a week in a rural village in Guatemala, where they helped raise money for irrigation project.
- Find words in the passage which mean: established b. together
- founded side by side
- Why is voluntary working vacations essential?
Because they help people in rural communities.
Choose the correct answer:
- According to the passage, volunteers can be ………… .
- of the same age b. only single c. married d. of different ages
- The moment the people read the story of the married couple they …….…… .
- started to set up their own projects
- travelled to one of the nearby cities
- were inspired by the couple’s attitude
- decided to take their honeymoon in Guatemala
A)Translate into Arabic:
Throughout history, our Arab scientists have fascinated the world with their amazing contributions and discoveries. They have enriched scientific research. So, we should take pride in them and follow the footsteps.
لقد أبهر علماؤنا العالم عبر التاريخ بإسهاماتهم واكتشافاتهم المذهلة، فقد أثروا البحث العلمي ولذا ينبغي أن نفخر بهم ونحذو حذوهم.
B- Translate TWO only of the following sentences into English:
1- يجب أن نغرس في أبنائنا حب العمل و الانتماء و تشجيعهم علي الإبداع.
2- من الضروري اتخاذ الاحتياطات اللازمة لمواجهة مخاطر الأمطار الغير متوقعة.
3- تهدف المناظرات إلي تدريب الأجيال علي المشاركة و النقد البناء.
1- We should implant love of work and loyalty (belonging-affiliation-pertinence) in our children and encourage them to be creative.
2- It’s necessary to take precautions to face/confront the risks of unexpected rain.
3- Debates aim at training new generations on participation and constructive criticism.
- -Write a paragraph about (100) words on Only One (1) of the:
A) Team work.
B) Achievement you are proud of